Property Insurance Considerations for Remote Work Situations
If faculty/staff remove property (contents/equipment) from buildings to work in off-campus locations, please consider the following:
- Contents with All Risk coverage may be covered for loss while in transit (i.e. while in an off-campus location)
- All property/contents insurance coverage is subject to a $5,000 deductible per occurrence
Complete NCSU EQUIPMENT TRACKING HOME/PORTABLE USE AUTHORIZATION FORM CA-2 for tracking and documentation of property that is removed from its normal location
- Property with fire/lightning only coverage is not covered for loss if moved from its insured location
For questions or to modify insurance coverage please contact Insurance & Risk Management (IRM) at email@example.com
Faculty/staff who previously requested business travel insurance through GeoBlue should email Jody Sykes to request cancellation. If payment has already been processed, a refund request will be submitted on behalf of the traveler and funds will be returned to the charged project upon receipt.
Event Cancellation Insurance
This coverage may be purchased for future event cancellation, however COVID-19 is an excluded peril on all insurance policies. Cancellation due to a COVID-19 outbreak, fear of exposure, etc. will not be covered. It is important to consider purchasing this coverage for large-scale events or events with significant financial outlay by the university to protect against cancellation due to unforeseen events. These events can include weather-related issues, keynote speaker cancellation and venue loss. Please contact IRM if you have any questions.
COVID-19 FEMA Cost Tracking
As a result of the President’s national emergency declaration for the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on March 13, 2020, certain additional costs for CAT-B (Emergency Protective Measures) and CAT-Z (Direct Administrative Costs) may be eligible for FEMA reimbursement. The following costs should be tracked for future submission to FEMA for reimbursement consideration:
Purchase and distribution of food, water, ice, medicine, and other consumable supplies, to include personal protective equipment and hazardous material suits, materials used for cleaning buildings, safety of employees/students/patients. Items may include but are not limited to the following:
- Masks (N95)
- Eye Protection or Face Shields
- Other Medical supplies related to COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer / wipes
- Cleaning agents / supplies / disinfectant
- Rental Equipment
- Blockades or signage relative to COVID-19
Items associated with Telework Prep/Online Teaching
- Computers and equipment
Force Account Labor (use FEMA Employee Time Sheet_Template or other appropriate documentation)
- Duties above and beyond normal duties employees are asked to perform related to Emergency Protective Measures for COVID-19 may be eligible under the Emergency Declaration. If someone is working or performing work outside the scope of what they normally do on a daily basis, because of or specific to COVID-19 Emergency Protective Measures, that’s what we want to capture.
- Emergency Operation Center Costs
- Additional law enforcement and security costs
- Capture all the costs associated with the additional move out / vacating of dorms
- Contract cleaning companies being utilized for COVID-19 disinfecting etc.
- Other contract work associated with COVID-19
Direct Administrative Costs
- Hours spent filing claims, or handling admin for COVID-19